SOURCE: Living Free
“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16 NLT
We are valuable to God.
How could he have expressed his love for us any more than to send his only Son to die so that we might have life?
Focusing on these scriptures–and others like them–can remind you who you are in Christ Jesus …
- You are forgiven. 1 John 1:9
- You have been made right in God’s sight. Romans 5:1
- You are righteous. 2 Corinthians 5:21, Romans 3:26
- You are loved. 1 John 3:1, John 4:10
- You are a member of God’s family. Ephesians 2:19
- You are known by God. Matthew 10:30
- You are God’s child. Romans 8:14
- You are an overcomer. 1 John 5:3-5
- You are his masterpiece–designed for a purpose. Ephesians 2:10
Have other people said or done things that make it hard for you to see yourself as God sees you?
You can’t do anything right. … You are ugly. … You are stupid. … You will never amount to anything.
Or maybe you won’t forgive yourself for past failures or sins.
Bring all the self-doubt and self-condemnation to Jesus. Receive his forgiveness … and then walk tall. Meditate on scriptures like these that tell you how important you are to God. . . how much he loves you. . . how complete forgiveness in Jesus really is. . . and what great plans he has for you.
Father, thank you for your great love for me. Thank you for forgiveness. Thank you that I am special to you. Help me to view myself not as others do, not from my own perspective, but the way you see me. In Jesus’ name …
These thoughts were drawn from …
Restoring Families: Overcoming Abusive Relationships through Christ by Janet M. Lerner, D.S.W.