SOURCE: Adapted from a posting by Keiki Hendrix/Vessel Project
Zig Ziglar, beloved author and motivational speaker died in Plano, Texas on [November 28, 2012]. He was a World War II veteran who founded ‘The Ziglar Way’ and wrote more than 30 books.
All who have read him, knew him or admired him collectively sighed. He brought much to this world and what he left was much more.
As a quote collector, Zig Ziglar is a goldmine. I love to read his quotes. As we all remember Zig Ziglar, here’s a few of my favorite quotes by Zig Ziglar.
1. If God would have wanted us to live in a permissive society He would have given us Ten Suggestions and not Ten Commandments.
2. Building a better you is the first step to building a better America.
3. If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re very scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.
4. If you treat your wife like a thoroughbred, you’ll never end up with a nag.
5. Money isn’t the most important thing in life, but it’s reasonably close to oxygen on the “gotta have it” scale.
6. Every obnoxious act is a cry for help.
7. People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.
8. Money won’t make you happy… but everybody wants to find out for themselves.
9. You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want.
10. The way you see people is the way you treat them.
11. Rich people have small TVs and big libraries, and poor people have small libraries and big TVs.
12. Among the things you can give and still keep are your word, a smile, and a grateful heart.
13. A lot of people have gone further than they thought they could because someone else thought they could.
14. There are no traffic jams on the extra mile.
15. You never know when a moment and a few sincere words can have an impact on a life.
16. Some people find fault like there is a reward for it.
17. Duty makes us do things well, but love makes us do them beautifully.
18. The most important persuasion tool you have in your entire arsenal is integrity.
19. Don’t become a wandering generality. Be a meaningful specific.
20. When you put faith, hope and love together, you can raise positive kids in a negative world.
21. Confidence is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you.
22. Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember ~ the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you.